Friday, November 16, 2012

Book Event: Laini Taylor

If you follow me on twitter then you might have seen me fan girl the very moment I got the information that Laini Taylor would be in Houston! Working for Blue Willow Bookshop has a number of perks and one of them is that I get to create the event pages, so I get the scoop on who will be in town before just about anyone else does. And if you haven't heard me say it before, I'll say it again; Laini is an amazing story teller! I actually met her last year at ALA in New Orleans, but I hadn't read her books so I said hi and told her I loved her pink hair. When I finally read Daughter of Smoke and Bone I kept thinking OMGosh I met her and I didn't even know how amazing she was! I was lucky enough to ask Laini how she got the idea for Zuzu's performances and she told the story of these giant marionettes shows where the marionettes were the size of buildings and that she could really imagine that in the story. Below are a few pictures I took at the event:


Giante marionettes that Laini mentioned:
Source: google.com via laini on Pinterest


Must see this article on these giant marionettes: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/05/the-giant-marionettes-of-royal-de-luxe/100293/

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She mentioned her daughter loves her hair. She is very sweet.

      Delete
  2. OMG, so jealous! I would have loved to attend this event. I love these books, and the author just seems amazing, pink hair and all. :) Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen: She is so wonderful! Very down to earth and you can tell she is very artistic. You should come to Houston for more events!

      Delete
  3. I still haven't read that book but it's been on my to-read list! Her hair is great though and I love that it matches her socks. These book covers are gorgeous though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are must reads! LOL yeah I love that her socks match her hair.

      Delete
  4. AHH! I just saw the pictures of the giant marionettes. Those are amazing! Thanks for sharing. It'd be awesome to see that in person

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the marionettes! I hope they come to the US one day.

      Delete