Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Review: Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor



Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Favorite New Character: Ziri who loved Madrigal when he was a boy. He stole my heart!

Favorite Quotes: "Don't I deserve to finally be free of you?"

"His smile it was wrong. Like something he'd learned from a book."

This is a book about war. Karou is dealing with who she is now and with the memories the wishbone returned. Karou holds herself responsible for the loss of her people and knows that it's all because she loved Akiva. And now she's working with the most unlikely person to make up for it. You feel her guilt driving her and she gets lost in her work. I have never seen a character so broken and how different she was from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. The fact that the book is told from a number of points of views makes it hard to follow at first, but once you get use to just trusting Taylor's writing you will just follow along.

Laini Taylor is an amazing storyteller. I will say that Days of Blood & Starlight is a much darker and somber book than Daughter of Smoke and Bone. The tone of the book reminded me of the feeling I had with Mocking Jay where a positive future doesn't seem like a reality. I can't wait to see where Laini Taylor will take us next in the series.

Source: ARC via Netgalley

9 comments:

  1. You make this sound so good. I better get to book one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laini's books are also amazing audios!

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for Laini's visit to Phoenix. Hoping I'll get to meet her on Friday and get started on her book. I'll say hi to Ziri for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got to meet her! We should talk her into joining Team Curls.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait for this one. She is a magical storyteller.

    Love the blog design. Crisp & Clean. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I've heard great things about this series but haven't read it yet, i'll definately check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review! I've heard great things about this series but haven't read it yet, i'll definately check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have book 1 in this series and need to buy book 2. Your review was really good and very helpful that it makes me want to read it even more! I will be back here to read more of your reviews on the books you have read. I like the way you write your reviews because it reminds me of the way I write mine. So thank you for the review!!

    ReplyDelete