Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Midnight Dragonfly Series Blog Tour


Thank you so much for hosting a stop along the Midnight Dragonfly blog tour! Today, after an informal poll on my Facebook page, I’m giving thanks for the character participants are most curious about: Dylan Fourcade: half Cajun/half Native American, standing six feet tall with piercing silver eyes, chin-length raven hair, and a knack for being in the right place at the right time…

General

1. What’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you?
It hasn’t happened yet.

2. What the most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
Remembering.

3. What is the scariest thing that’s ever happened to you?
I was at the old abandoned Six Flags park in New Orleans East. I thought she was safe. She was supposed to be safe. But then my phone rang, and it was. Except she wasn’t talking to me—she was talking to him. And I knew. I realized I’d walked her straight into a trap. And now he had her. And I could hear him. I could hear him taunting with her, could hear her playing it cool and tough, trying to by me time. So I could get there. I started running. I was running, and then I could hear her running, too, shouting—screaming. And him. He was laughing. He was so sure of himself. So sure he was going to win. Then I heard the gunshot. Then…silence. And I knew. I knew I was too late.

4. What is your favorite dream?
That the past will never touch the future.

5. Your greatest fear?
Not being there in time.

6. Greatest regret?
Not being there in time.

7. What one trait do you most despite in others?
Cowardice

8. If you could change one thing, what would it be?
Trinity’s grandmother would still be alive.

9. Why?
Because Trinity would still be in Colorado, it wouldn’t matter what I remember, and there would be no chance of not being there in time.

A little more specific

10. Speaking of Trinity, what were you first thoughts when she showed up at your father's house?
I wasn’t thinking when I first saw Trinity. I was reacting. I’d come outside to see why the dogs, Gaston and Boudreau, were barking. The second I saw them tearing across the yard, I knew someone was about to get hurt, and that I had to stop them. The second I saw her, I knew why a dragonfly had landed on my wrist earlier that day. The second I started thinking, I realized it was starting, that life couldn’t stay paused, but wished she’d remained in Colorado. But I always knew she’d come back one day. No river can be stopped forever.

11. Do you think it is fair to Trinity that so many people around her (including you) are keeping things from her?
She deserves to live a life without shadows. She deserves to be happy. The more she starts filling in blanks and connecting dots, the darker her world becomes. I won’t lie to her, ever, but nor will I open doors before she reaches them.

12. Why did you react so strangely when she told you about Astral traveling to slip back into her dreams?
Sometimes it’s safer not to remember. We forget for a reason and remember when the time is right. Getting things out of order is when everything spins out of control.

13. Going forward, what do you think your relationship with Trinity will be? What would you like it to be?
Our lives have run parallel but separate for a long time. I don’t see that changing anytime soon, and I learned a long time ago—a very, very long time ago—that when you try to bend something that’s not ready, more often than not, it breaks. And that’s not what I want for her, to break.

Flash Questions

Favorite sound: Thunder
Least favorite sound: Fire
Favorite sight: Eyes when they first open, before reality slips in
Least favorite sight: Ashes
Favorite song Like a Hurricane
Books or movies? Books
Favorite book The Stand
Black and white, or fifty shades of grey? Infinite shades of grey
Turn on: Strength
Turn off Running
Trait most despise Cowardice
Einstein or Stephen Hawking? Hawking


Now that we know each other a little better, let’s get personal…

Hugs or kisses? Kisses
Do you think you’re a good kisser? There’s no thinking involved
Have you ever skinny-dipped? Is there any other way?
What do you wear to bed? Why would you wear something to bed?


Last question…
If you were up for judgment with the possible outcome execution and your words about you were the only thing that could save you, what all would you tell us?

You can’t yank the sun from the sky just because it burns.



About Ellie James
Most people who know Ellie think she’s your nice, average wife and mom of two little kids. They see someone who does all that normal stuff, like grocery shopping, going to soccer games, and somehow always forgetting to get the house cleaned and laundry done.
What they don't know is that more often than not, this LSU J-School alum is somewhere far, far away, deeply embroiled in solving a riddle or puzzle or crime, testing the limits of possibility, exploring the unexplained, and holding her breath while two people fall in love.
Regardless of which world Ellie’s in, she loves rain and wind and thunder and lightning; the first warm kiss of spring and the first cool whisper of fall; family, friends, and animals; dreams and happy endings; Lost and Fringe; Arcade Fire and Dave Matthews, and last but not least…warm gooey chocolate chip cookies.

About the Midnight Dragonfly Series
Glimpses. That’s all they are. Shadowy premonitions flickering through sixteen year old psychic Trinity Monsour’s dreams. Some terrify: a girl screaming, a knife lifting, a body in the grass. But others--the dark, tortured eyes and the shattering kiss, the promise of forever--whisper to her soul. They come without warning. They come without detail.

But they always mean the same thing: The clock is ticking, and only Trinity can stop it.

Find out how in Shattered Dreams, Broken Illusions, and Fragile Darkness, available from Griffin Teen!



a Rafflecopter giveaway



To learn more about The Midnight Dragonfly Series Blog Tour visit:
http://ibbookblogging.net/2012/11/the-midnight-dragonfly-series-blog-tour.html

10 comments:

  1. I have two guinea pigs, a hamster, a cat and a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a gymnast from the time I could walk until I turned 12.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once wrote a 26 page book of inside jokes with my best friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been known to go on vacations solely to visit other cities' aquariums.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im 25 but crochet like an old granny

    kmichellec87(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete