Sunday, January 27, 2013

Audio Review: Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Type: Audio Book Purchase

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars


Do you like hot guys, shark attacks, romance, and a bit of a mystery? Well then, look no farther then Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. I loved this book! I found Of Poseidon to be a refreshing break from dystopia, vampires and darker YA.

Emma is on vacation when she runs into a gorgeous guy. I mean WHAM like literally runs into him. This is one of my favorite scenes, because it’s not only funny, but something I can see happening to me. Only the gorgeous guy isn't a guy, but Galen the prince of the Syrena. When Emma finds out, she of course, thinks mermaids, but Syrenas are descendants of Triton and Poseidon who were Syrena generals and not gods. Emma can't believe her luck when she embarrasses herself in front of a gorgeous stranger. But after a tragic accident, Galen realizes that Emma might not just be some clumsy human and decides to show up in her life to find out.

I also recommend reading Legacy Lost, a short prequel novella that answers a few questions about the characters in Of Poseidon.

Anna's writing is witty and will have you smiling. I can't wait for Of Triton, the sequel to Of Poseidon. Anna Banks is going on tour this summer, if you get a chance to meet her, tell her I said hi!

Audio Review: This is the first time I have listed to anything by Rebecca Gibel and she does a good job. She has narrated a number of novels including Splintered by A. G. Howard and Undeadly by Michele Vail.

12 comments:

  1. Ha! Sounds like something I would do too. Sounds real. I need to check this one out some time. I've heard good stuff about it. Great review doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juju! I'm a bit of a clumsy!

      Delete
  2. I've been curious about this one. I may have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like audio I would say it's a great one!

      Delete
  3. I love that first line of your review! :P And I liked that this was on the lighter side. Also, glad to hear you liked the narrator, as I'm considering getting Splintered on audio soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh let me know what you think of Splintered! The author is coming to Houston so I'm thinking I need the book even though I want the audio. Decisions decisions!

      Delete
  4. Love the audio reviews as I'm always looking for new ones to try and narrators I like. I've actually read this one in print, but I will keep this narrator in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do think I want this one. I like the sounds of all the elements here with the ocean too. :) I've always had a soft spot for the ocean. :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I'm not a fan of audio books, but I really loved my printed copy of Of Poseidon and can't wait for Of Triton either. And aren't the covers awesome?!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Of Poseidon. I too, am not a huge fan of audiobooks. I have trouble with not daydreaming and then I get lost... but maybe it would be fun to get some audiobooks of books I've already read and really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this book on my wish list. But I think I am going to purchase it asap. You review made me do it. haha Its a good thing!!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read Of Poseidon but this is the first I've heard of Legacy Lost. I'm glad I found this review, I'll have to check the prequel out before Of Triton is released!

    ReplyDelete