Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Audio Review: Starring Me


Starring Me by Krista McGee

Source: Audio CD by Brilliance Audio


Starring Me by Krista McGee is my first christian YA novel and I really enjoyed it. I won't lie at first I was worried it would be preachy, but that wasn't the case at all. In Starring Me Chad wins an American Idol type show and the media is sure he will go on to be a huge singer. Only Chad has other plans, and he decides he wants to do a variety show similar to Saturday Night Live for teens. His parents demand that his co-star has to be a Christian since Chad will be spending so much time with them. When the network sees Chad or his parents won't budge they decide to setup a reality tv show to pick an unknown costar. The girls have no clue about Chad or the fact that they want the girl to be Christian so the girls go into stereo type mean girl behavior. This was super funny and great to see the claws come out. Kara doesn't get caught up in the drama, but she also doesn't believe in religion. Chad also struggles when he meets a girl who catches his eye and is not of the same faith.

Starring Me is a really fun book! I enjoyed the reality twist and if you are looking for clean YA novels this is a great one!

Narrator: Tara Sands does a great job with Starring Me. This is the first time I have heard an audio book by her and I was really impressed. Narrators can really make or break an audio book so it's great to find another good narrator.

To listen to a sample visit Brilliance Audio

2 comments:

  1. 1. Yay! I am SO proud of you for trying CF! Whoot whoot. *high five*
    2. This sounds great. I am totally adding it to my TBL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like very fun read! I don't read much Christian fiction because I do find it too often very preachy, but I'm g;lad to hear that wasn't the case with this one!

    ReplyDelete