Monday, January 27, 2014

Audio Review: Bang by Lisa McMann


Bang by Lisa McMann

Book 2 in the Visions Series

If I’m honest I’m not always a fan of the second book in a series. I think book one makes you fall in love while in most second books things start to fall apart. Well I’m surprised to say that Bang was as good as Crash. I will warn you though, that the book centers on stopping a vision of a school shooting. We live in a world where school shootings are very real and very tragic, so to see it set in a novel is a little surprising. Lisa doesn’t take the subject lightly, but be warned that it is the center of the story.

In Crash Jules was having a vision of a truck hitting a building and killing nine people. When Jules solved the case she finds out that her vision goes away. In Bang Sawyer has started having a vision very much like Jules. Jules feels helpless not being able to see the vision, but tries to help Sawyer solve it. Sawyer finds the visions to be harder and even considers doing nothing, but in the end he doesn’t feel he has any other option, but to try and stop the vision.

Jules’ relationship with her father isn’t any better since Crash. Jules is actually starting to wonder if the visions have ever affected her hoarding father. I really enjoyed that Jules opens up to her brother and sister about the visions and both are willing to help.

If you can look past the touchy subject of a school shooting you will find a great story and I suggest reading or listening to Bang. I enjoyed it and look forward to Gasp, the third book in the series.

Notes on the audio: Joy Osmanski did a great job narrating the story from Jules’ point of view.

6 comments:

  1. Great review. I haven't tried this narrator before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! I listened to book 1 on audio and it was really good, as well.

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the first book and I do want to try this one. Maybe I'll do the audio!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Crash so I'm looking forward to reading Bang soon. I might have to try it out on audio since it sounds like a good version :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I skimmed since I haven't read the first book yet (I want to!), but I knew I needed to start the series even MORE now that you said it was as good as its predecessor. Sequels make me incredibly leery. Now I have another audio rec, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lisa McMann! After reading her Wake series I gobbled up everything I could get my hands on. . .these must be fairly recent? like within the past year or two? Off to download 1 & 2 on my kindle now!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...