Wednesday, April 16, 2014

THE TAKING EXCERPT TOUR


If you have been a long time follower of my blog, then you know that one of my all time favorite authors is Kimberly Derting. I was beyond excited when I was contacted to be part of Kim's blog tour.

About the Book:
The Taking Coming April 29, 2014 from HarperTeen

A flash of white light . . . and then . . . nothing.

When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas 'n' Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn't aged a day.

Everything else about Kyra's old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men.

Confused and lost, Kyra isn't sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin's annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra's father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?


The Taking Excerpt

I’d only made it one step before the man had ahold of my arms and was dragging me back out the door. I heard his phone fall, clattering on the tile floor. He wasn’t gentle, and my heart was racing, slamming against my ribs, bruising them. I didn’t know what he planned to do to me. The little boy was crying, but the man didn’t release me as he hauled me down the steps. I tripped over my own feet as he pulled me along the walkway until we were standing on the sidewalk out in front.
“I don’t know what you’re problem is,” he hissed, trying to keep his voice low, his eyes shifting back and forth from me to the screaming boy with no pants at the front door. “But this is my house, and you’re scaring my son. If you need help, then call 9-1-1. I can’t do anything for you.” He released my arm but didn’t leave right away. He just stood there looking at me, waiting for some sort of acknowledgment that I’d heard what he’d said.
I had. I’d heard him. I just couldn’t make sense of it.
His house?
Is that what he’d said? His house?
But that wasn’t right. This was my house.
My house.
I tried to find something in all of it to cling to, something that would clear things up. I replayed the last few minutes, when I’d burst through the front door, and tried to recall what I’d seen.
It was the same house I remembered. The same, but different.
How could that be?
Tears burned my eyes as I looked, too, not at the boy, but at the house in front of us. The house I’d grown up in.
The man gave me one last piteous look before shaking his head and going back to his son. The boy raised his arms to his father, who scooped him up and carried him back inside, closing the door without looking back at me.
I wanted to explain what I was going through, to tell him who I was and who my parents were, but all I could manage was “But I . . . I live here.”

Please make sure to check out the next excerpt at http://www.fangirlish.com. If you want to read all the excerpts on the tour you can start at LushBudgetProductions.


The following stores are doing a pre-order campaign so call and order a signed copy:
Blue Willow Bookshop
The King's English
Books of Wonder
Mysterious Galaxy

1 comment:

  1. This book was ADDICTING! I couldn't stop reading it and i'm so excited for the book to be released!!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete