Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hey you....

Wondering where I went? Did I quit blogging?

If you know me personally then you know that I decided to go back to school. I never finished my bachelor's degree so two summers ago I decided it was time. At first I was juggling school, working full time, and blogging. I'm one of those people who believes they can do it all, especially when you add coffee. As time went on and I started taking more and more classes I realized I couldn't keep up and something had to give, so I stopped blogging. Then things got harder and I stopped reading regularly and didn't have time for book events. I would read a book between breaks and listen to an audiobook, but not enough to blog.

With so many of my friends being amazing bloggers and authors a part of me was worried that we would stop having things in common. I learned that these were more my insecurities than reality. I'm now between breaks again and I'm only three classes from graduating. (Insert happy dance) I'm hoping that I'm at the final stretch and I can spend more time reading and blogging. I don't know if readers will still visit or what's going on in the book blogger world, but I'll be here to talk books.

-Maria Cari Soto

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back, Maria! It's good to hear you are making such great progress toward your degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You are so close! You can do it. C:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey! Congratulations to continuing your desire to study. Not a lot of people want to do that most especially if they have been working for a long time already so kudos to you.

    Hope to read more of your blog and book reviews :)

    I, too, have been on book reading hiatus. I am not sure why (if it is also because I have transitioned myself from the real book to an iPad - what do you think).

    ReplyDelete